Monday, March 17, 2014

BeInspired Queen Sara

So all of those lovely pictures you keep seeing all over tumblr and on any of the visual artistry blogs are from this Queen right her. I'm so blessed to be able to have an opportunity to get her words on her art. If you have not heard of Queen Sara then let me brief you really fast. Queen Sara Golish is a visual artist from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Yes Canada. She received her degree in BFA in Drawing & Painting in 2008. Then she expanded her brand by completing courses at George Brown College in graphic & web design and development. (info taken from her bio). Though I can tell you she is a flawless Queen, I want you to see her work and here her words for yourself.

1. What inspires your work?

My inspirations stems from many varying sources. Some of the most influential being underrated artists of the 19th century, 1970s design and culture, photography and music. Others include various cultures of the African diaspora, old vinyl album covers, fantasy art and film, textiles, wood, colour. The list could go on and on.


2. Who are some of your inspirations?

Contemporary living artists such as Jeremy Lipking, David Kassan, Audrey Kawasaki, Brad Kunkle, Tim Okamura along with a number of others, help keep me going. They are all successful artists making a living at what they do and of course are incredibly talented and doing great things.


3.Where did you get your start?

I’ve been drawing and painting for as long as I can remember. I took an art class as a child and then was part of an art program during high school. From high school I went to an art university and from there I’ve been freelancing and doing contract work in the arts since!


4.What are you goals and aspirations?

To become a successful and famous artist. Soon!


5.What would you say to aspiring artists?

It’s a lot of hard work, but if you are passionate about, it’s your ultimate dream and believe in what you do, it’s worth it!


6.Do you live by a quote? If so what is the quote and how does it motivate you?

I don’t live by any particular quote. There are many that resonate with me and I choose to re-read and remind myself of them. More often though, I try to meditate every day. I’ve been doing guided meditation by Deepak Chopra, someone I have a great deal of love and appreciation for. Listening to his wise words everyday motivates me in so many ways into being the best person I can be. That in itself I am grateful for.


7. How can people follow you work?

The easiest ways are all on social media and my blog. I’m on Twitter, Instagram and have a Facebook page. All links below. There is also a mailing list people can sign up for to keep up to date with news and events through my blog page and contact page on my website.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...