Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Bucket List

Life. When I think about this word and think about the experiences that equate to this thing we call life. Life without experiences is a life with no substance. The other day I thought if I died today would I be happy with what I have achieved? Would I be happy with the peoples lives I've touched and the people I have shared my love with? I answered both yes and no and realized I wasn't ready to go and I had to do more. I realized I had to set goals and objectives to my life as I would for any or thing I put my all into. My life is composed of my stories and my experiences so here is my list of things I want to do before I get called home.

1. Sing with a kickass band in front of a crowd
2. Go to a foreign country and do like the natives
3. Streak
4. Go sky diving
5. Make someone smile and never forget my face
6. Open and maintain a success non-profit organization
7. Go to at least 5 Hip Hop concerts
8. Go to at least 5 R & B Concerts
9. Write and Publish a Book
10. Go to Bob Marley Day in Jamaica
11. Buy my mom a house and a new car
12. Show my siblings its more to life than what we see and more to the world than St. Louis
13. Go to Jamaica and have coconut water out of a coconut and Dutty Wind all night long.
14. Climb Mt. Kilamanjaro and meditate
15. Sing Michael Jackson/Old Skool Jamz songs with my kids and husband to the top of our lungs
16. Learn how to swim so I can scuba dive
17. Dance to my favorite slow song with the love of my life
18. Go to Jerusalem and see the place were my savior rose
19. Meet Smokie Robinson and tell him how much I love him and his music (Hopefully he'll sing to me)
20. Change the world through black feminism and my blog
21. Watch the ball drop in Madison Square Garden on New Years Eve  and kiss my love at 12:00am.
22. Learn how to pole dance and do it for my husband on our honeymoon
23. Start my own non-profit organization (<----in the works!)
24. Go to a NBA and NFL game.
25. Crowd Surf!!!!!


-SB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...