Thursday, March 6, 2014

Top 15 Favorite Rap Songs of All TIME!!!!!

I have frequently been asked this questions and I frequently never have the same answer. This is a very hard question to answer as a Hip Hop head & Feminist like myself. It is difficult because as a feminist some of the songs that I love do not agree with my feminist work. <-----This is very interesting but my favorite feminist calls things like this our "guilty pleasures". I'm not perfect in my feminism but regardless my fight for the equality of the sexes is evident. Though I have learned what kind of Mceeing I gravitate to along with its production. I love Lyricists and R & B music so evidently I love music that flows. It could be interesting to explain but my favorite lyricists sound like musical ballads.
Similar to many of my friends I listen to a song first for its dimensions in sound.  Within the first 20 seconds I could tell you yes or no just based upon that element. I am a heavy seeker of beat building. Elements on top of elements that generate a sound so moving that your body move and your soul groves. I see this as the soul of the song itself. A good beat is what motivates the artist to get on a track. (Keep this in mind) Then the second time I listen to the song I listen to the lyrics. The lyrics are what I see as the body to the soul of the song. This could go write or wrong because some people will say "Yo the beat was cold but the lyrics were wack." This is you justify the dope beat that was produced. This is where you put your ideas into this phenomenal element of soul that has produced.
After taking all of this into consideration and thinking about how I feel when I hear certain songs I have finally come up with a list of My Top 15 Hip Hop (Mceeing) Tracks of ALL TIME!



(P.S 1-7 is not a scale 1 does not mean it's my top they are all equally my favorite)




1. Common- I Used to love H.E.R
2. Kanye West- Slave Ship
3. Nelly- Country Grammar (<----It's a St.Louis Thing)
4. LL Cool J- I'm Bad
5. Outkast-B.O.B
6. Bonethugs-N-Harmony- Thuggish Ruggish Bone
7. Eric B & Rakim- Don't Sweat the Technique
8. TuPac-Hell Mary
9. Notorious B.I.G- Warning
10. UGK ft Outkast- International Players Anthem
11. Digable Planets-Rebirth of the Cool
12. PM Dawn- Set of drift on Memory Bliss
13. A Tribe Called Quest ft. Busta Rhymes- Check the Rhime
14. The Pharcyde- Passin' Me By
15. Black Sheep- The Choice is Yours




Ok, now understand this is "MY" list. Not saying that there are not many other songs that deserve the credit but these are the songs that remind me of a certain essence that keeps me in love with Hip Hop Culture and Mceeing. I based this off of the combination of the body (lyrics) and soul(production. These songs will forever move me and bring me back to my happy place.


-SB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...